Live application points to development server...??

Lori Manney

Hello all,

I'm baffled. I have a live application running on a production server
which is throwing the error I've pasted below. I assume that I can
fix the error by making sure all my db connections are set to
"nothing"... but what baffles me is: Why does the error message
reference files on my local (development) server??
(c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TSN\)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Lori

System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size
was reached. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString
options, Boolean& isInTransaction) at
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at
TSN.admin_classes.getSchedule(Object vID) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TSN\admin_classes.aspx.vb:line 177 at
ASP.admin_classes_aspx.__DataBind__control15(Object sender, EventArgs
e) in E:\WebSites\mydomain.org\www\admin_classes.aspx:line 68 at
System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() at
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex,
Int32 dataSourceIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object
dataItem, DataGridColumn[] columns, TableRowCollection rows,
PagedDataSource pagedDataSource) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean
useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs
e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() at
TSN.admin_classes.loadClasses() in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TSN\admin_classes.aspx.vb:line 134 at
TSN.admin_classes.gridCancel(Object Sender, DataGridCommandEventArgs
e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TSN\admin_classes.aspx.vb:line 215 at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnCancelCommand(DataGridCommandEventArgs
e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs args) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Chris Jackson

Did you compile in debug mode, and then place the pdb on the production
server? The pdb file is what provides you with exact line numbers, and this
contains the hard coded location of the files. (Open it up in Notepad and
take a look.) When you are ready for release, you should change your
configuration to release mode.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer

Lori Manney said:
[...]

...and another little piece of the .NET puzzle falls into place...!!

Thank you so much!!

Lori :)