    Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
    by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".

    What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

    RN1, Feb 2, 2008

  2. RN1

    Evertjan. Guest

    RN1 wrote on 02 feb 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
    > hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
    >
    > Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
    > by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
    >
    > What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

    Euthanasia?

    Definitly off topic, since we are only servers.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 2, 2008

  3. "RN1" <> wrote in message
    > I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
    > hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
    >
    > Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
    > by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
    >
    > What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

    Delivered projects that are actually in use by clients.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Feb 2, 2008
  4. RN1

    Evertjan. Guest

    Anthony Jones wrote on 02 feb 2008 in

    > "RN1" <> wrote in message
    >> I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
    >> hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
    >>
    >> Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
    >> by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
    >>
    >> What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

    > Delivered projects that are actually in use by clients.

    Does not ring a bell here.

    Delivered?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 2, 2008

    > >> I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
    > >> hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
    > >>
    > >> Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
    > >> by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
    > >>
    > >> What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

    > > Delivered projects that are actually in use by clients.

    > Does not ring a bell here.
    >
    > Delivered?

    Delivered: To bring or transport to the proper place or recipient; To
    surrender (someone or something) to another;

    In project management speak we talk about 'deliverables' that is parts of a
    project handed over to the client or sponsor of the project. In recruiting
    looking for Live projects equates to projects that are successful enough to
    have been handed over to the clients for actual use.

    I would agree that this is not a very accurate use of the English language
    but we're talking about recruitment here, not area know to be inhabited by
    people possessing an 'attention to detail' sort of personality. Anyone here
    who has had to use recruiting agents to find staff will know what I mean. ;)

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Feb 2, 2008