Live Support - Open Source System

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sergio Lobo, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Sergio Lobo

    Sergio Lobo Guest

    Hello,

    I have developed a simple Online Support System which is running at
    www.supportdrive.com. The system is divided in 3 parts:

    1- Server - Python - I am a java developer but I love Python :)
    2- Client - Delphi 6
    3- Web Client - PHP + Javascript

    All 3 parts communicate with each other using XML-RPC protocol.

    I would like to make this an Open Source Project if I can find some brave
    souls willing to help me.

    I have many ideas for this project. One of them is to create Public Topics.
    At this time the system only handles Private Topics. With Public Topics we
    could have a page on the main project site with a list of all Public Topics
    where at least one support person would be online. This support person could
    be any software developer running the project software client and being
    online.

    As a software developer I had many times make good use of Google.com to find
    answer to my questions. However I would love to be able to go to a web site
    click on a Topic which I am interested in and have free support from another
    fellow developer.

    Well, I believe I could talk a lot about those ideas.

    Besides the code I already created, this project will count on a dedicated
    server, which means, we will be able to run as many daemons as needed.

    The ones who are interested in the project, please let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Sergio Lobo
    Sergio Lobo, Jul 5, 2003