Live Video Streaming in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Y2hpeDIz?=, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web application
    with live video streaming? Thanks!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hpeDIz?=, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Hi,

    chix23 wrote:
    > Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web application
    > with live video streaming? Thanks!!!

    Live video streaming requests a plug-in. Please refer to the camera's
    documentation, most of them are delivered with a plugin and
    specification about how to integrate them in a web page.

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

    Laurent Bugnion, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Thanks for your quick reply. Could you give some web camera that supports
    live video streaming?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hpeDIz?=, Sep 28, 2006
  4. Hi,

    chix23 wrote:
    > Thanks for your quick reply. Could you give some web camera that supports
    > live video streaming?

    Sorry, I don't have the names handy. In the office we use an IP camera
    which comes with an ActiveX plug-in for IE, and another one for Mozilla
    based browsers. I think Google will help you there.

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

    Laurent Bugnion, Sep 28, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hpeDIz?=

    Mike Lowery Guest

    If your webcam is supported, you could encode the video using Windows Media
    Encoder and embed Windows Media Player in a web page to display it. Supported
    capture cards are listed here (haven't seen a list for supported cameras):
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/service_provider/hardware/default.aspx

    Mike Lowery, Sep 28, 2006