Liveconnect: problem during the init() phase of the applet under IE

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by admin@point52.com, May 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I wrote a small text editor (using a JTextPane) in order to ease the
    use of a CMS, in a more
    WYSIWYG way. Basically, you can see directly the effect of setting the
    background color, the
    text color, bold/italic/underlined styles and so on... You can have
    several applet on one page
    as there is one applet per column and per language.

    As it's used in a CMS, it uses liveconnect (javascript interaction)
    massively to get the default
    values of the styles and the content text from the HTML page.

    The problem is that on first page load, the applet doesn't initialize
    correctly: the background
    color is not always loaded correctly, neither are the text color or
    style. It can happen that
    the text of one applet is duplicated in another. It even happens that
    in place of the content
    text, I find the value of the text color (ie. #777777), the value of
    the text alignment or
    whatever.

    Note the this problem occurs under IE exclusively and fades away on
    page reload. Firefox, Opera
    and Konqueror work just fine.

    So at first sight, the problem is due to a bad page loading in IE, so I
    placed several sleep()
    in the applet init() method: one before each style initialization. I
    also tried to delay applet
    initialization with JS.
    Sadly, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

    Does anyone here already encountered this problem ?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    , May 24, 2005