LiveSearch/Google Suggest asp.net component

napsters

Google uses some javascript for their Google Suggest service
(http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en). When you type
'whatever', the script (http://www.google.com/ac.js, or, more readable,
http://www.romanzieri.com/google_suggest.js) calls
http://www.google.com/complete/search?hl=en&js=true&qu=whatever.

It looks a bit like LiveSearch, which has a hell of a cleaner script
(http://blog4.bitflux.ch/wiki/LiveSearch#Source_Code, demo at
http://maniacalrage.net/archives/2003/07/justanotherday/). Results are
in XML like in http://blog.bitflux.ch/livesearch.php?q=livesearch.

Drop me an email if you've got that asp.net component ready! And give
me some discount :D

- napsters

Thomas Hansen

I've got an ASP.NET component which basically does the same as google
suggest, only in a generic manner and with way cooler script, I think
it works for both IE and FireFox (it did at least a couple of versions
ago) and it's totally generic, meaning you can manipulate it in all
sorts of different ways, background color, forcolor, font, size etc...
There is one restriction though, you need to supply a webservice which
returns an array of strings (or null if nothing found) and it doesn't
build HTML like live search but rather a "list box" kind of thing (like
google suggest) which you can navigate with up/down but not click in
with mouse...
Also you need to call a javascript method from the body/onLoad method
or some method called when document is finished loaded...

my email adresse is (e-mail address removed)

Drop everything from the email adresse except polterguy and gmail.com
and you have a valid email adresse...
BTW!
It's a commercial component...