'/LM/W3SVC/3/Root' and "No Such Interface Supported"

Tim Hansen

Greetings to all.

I am having a problem running .asp pages for our new website. I
beleive it to be an IIS problem, but all the troubleshooting has lead
me nowhere. When I try to acces the pages via
http://ip/admin/index.asp (ip is the "home directory") i get:

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application
during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log
for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator
for assistance.

This is with "Friendly Errors" turned off.
Heading over to the event log, i see:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root'. The error
was 'No such interface supported
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

The server hosting this site has 4 availabel IP's linked to it.
xxx.xxx.1.5, 4, 3, and 2. Our main site is set to "All Unassigned"
and our second site is linked directly to 1.4. I se up the new one to
read 1.5.

Action: IIS >> newsite >> proporties >> Configuration >> [Application
Configuration]
I remomed the .asp extension from the list.

Reaction: The index.asp works!! The page loads fine, however, none
of the links to other .asp pages work. All you see is the "raw code"

Any ideas or new directions would be greatly apreciated. Thank you in
advance.

Tim Hansen
Reprographic Technologies