LNK4086 again....

Prasanna

Hello ppl,

Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error.
But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post.

I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
..def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.
When i link my exe, linker says: LNK4086, _mainCRTStartup entrypoint
does not have standard 12 byte argument; image may not run.

There were some suggestion in the groups related to release and debug
modes, and i made sure that it is not a problem with my project. There
were a few other answers to the problem, but i have tried all those
and have not yet hit a solution.

Can someone here give me some suggestions that is tailored to this
problem.

Cheers,
Prasanna.

Jack Klein

Hello ppl,

Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error.
But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post.

I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
.def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.

Please leave comp.lang.c++ off your cross-post for compiler and
Windows specific questions. The C++ language has no such things as
console applications or DLLs.

Stefan Kuhr

Hello Prasanna,
<snip>
I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
.def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.
When i link my exe, linker says: LNK4086, _mainCRTStartup entrypoint
does not have standard 12 byte argument; image may not run.

Did you supply your own function named mainCRTStartup? This is supposed
to be supplied by the C/C++ runtime.