Load a inline frame part way down the page help

bhennon

I would like to have an inline frame on my page. That frame will
display another page (i cannot edit the html on the page that is

I want to have the page load and display the contents halfway down the
page. In other words...I want the page to load and allready be
"scrolled" to lets say...55% down the page and display content that
would otherwise be "off the screen".

Is this possible and or simple to do?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Brad

Joe Barta

wrote:
I would like to have an inline frame on my page. That frame will
display another page (i cannot edit the html on the page that is

I want to have the page load and display the contents halfway down
the page. In other words...I want the page to load and allready be
"scrolled" to lets say...55% down the page and display content
that would otherwise be "off the screen".

Is this possible and or simple to do?

Only if there is an anchor in the page you wish to use.

If, at the desired location of the target page, there is an anchor
named "yada"...

<a name="yada"

....then you could specify the source of the iframe as
"http://www.targetdomain.com/page.html#yada"

Seems to me that would work. But seeing as you have no edit control
over the target page, results may be dicey or may change if the owner
changes his page.

If there is no such anchor I fear you are SOL.

Joe Barta

Jose

I want to have the page load and display the contents halfway down the
page. [in a frame]

Even though you have no edit control over the page, you might be able to
do it with server side scripting that reads the page, parese the HTML,
figures out where "halfway down" is, puts an anchor tag there, saves it
on your server, loads it from your server -at- that anchor tag, and then
later removes the erzats page from your server? It would be just a SMOP.

Jose

Joe Barta

Jose said:
I want to have the page load and display the contents halfway
down the page. [in a frame]

Even though you have no edit control over the page, you might be
able to do it with server side scripting that reads the page,
parese the HTML, figures out where "halfway down" is, puts an
anchor tag there, saves it on your server, loads it from your
server -at- that anchor tag, and then later removes the erzats
page from your server? It would be just a SMOP.

I'm not so sure that's a very good idea.

Number one is the obvious copyright issue. Quite honestly, there might
even be a copyright issue simply by inserting other people's content
into your page. (offhand I'm not sure how those issues have been
dealt with in the past)

Beyond that, depending on the complexity of the target page it seems
like it would be a house of cards. And even the most trivial of
changes made to the target page *might* cause the house of cards to
topple.

Possibly the OP can contact the owner of the target page and something
of mutual benefit can be worked out?

Joe Barta

Jose

Number one is the obvious copyright issue.

Yep.
Beyond that, depending on the complexity of the target page it seems
like it would be a house of cards. And even the most trivial of
changes made to the target page *might* cause the house of cards to
topple.

Not to mention that merely resizing the browser could change the
position of "halfway down the page".

It was just a thought. I needed to get it out in order to make room for
the next thought... should I ever get one. :)

Jose

bhennon

I actualy am the owner of the target page but cannot alter the HTML. It
is generated by a scoring program that we use for a sporting event.

Technically i could edit it but the page is generated every 5 minutes
and auto uploaded to the web. so i would be editing every 5 minutes.

I spoke with the program vendor and he telle me that there is no way
for me to edit it until after it is generated.

It is a fairly static page just the scores change.