load balancing + shared files

Cristian Suazo

Hi everybody,

I currently have the following architechture: 2 web servers in loadbalancing
that share the same files using a disk in the same network and then there is
a SQL Server cluster. The loadbalancer is a hardware loadbalancer.

I'm having performance problems on one of the two webservers, the asp.net
process doesn't cosume much of the CPU nor the memory. Trying to call an
html file the webserver doesn't have any problems serving the page, if I
call a .aspx page that only shows the current time the request is very slow.
There are other web applications on the webserver that is having performance
problems and they work very smoth. I made a check to see if there were any
application restarts but application this seemed to work normally. The
sys.admin told me that filelocking is not permitted on the server, so
hopefully this shouldn't give any problems.

Has anybody had the same problems or something similar? Could it be the fact
that the 2 webservers share the same files? Is there some performance
monitor counter that I should absolutly check?
Until 2 days ago everything was working just fine, so I don't know if some
update could have caused these problems

thanks in advance
cheers
Cristian