load balancing + shared files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cristian Suazo, May 23, 2006.

  1. Hi everybody,

    I currently have the following architechture: 2 web servers in loadbalancing
    that share the same files using a disk in the same network and then there is
    a SQL Server cluster. The loadbalancer is a hardware loadbalancer.

    I'm having performance problems on one of the two webservers, the asp.net
    process doesn't cosume much of the CPU nor the memory. Trying to call an
    html file the webserver doesn't have any problems serving the page, if I
    call a .aspx page that only shows the current time the request is very slow.
    There are other web applications on the webserver that is having performance
    problems and they work very smoth. I made a check to see if there were any
    application restarts but application this seemed to work normally. The
    sys.admin told me that filelocking is not permitted on the server, so
    hopefully this shouldn't give any problems.

    Has anybody had the same problems or something similar? Could it be the fact
    that the 2 webservers share the same files? Is there some performance
    monitor counter that I should absolutly check?
    Until 2 days ago everything was working just fine, so I don't know if some
    update could have caused these problems

    thanks in advance
    cheers
    Cristian