api

LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE merchandise;

I get this error and how can I fix it

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'papermen@%' (Using password: YES)

Michael Hoffman

does any one know why when I execute this mysql statement with python

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'papermen@%' (Using password: YES)

This has nothing to do with Python. It is obvious from the error that
the user "papermen" doesn't have the privileges to load data into that
table. Ask your database administrator to give you the appropriate
privileges.

Followups set.

Dennis Lee Bieber

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'papermen@%' (Using password: YES)

Show us the code....

Off-hand; the administrator of the database system did not grant
"load data" privileges (FILE privilege) to the account with which you
are connecting. Also, in the format given, "data.txt" needs to be stored
on the server in the directory of the database itself (as I recall).

If the file is local, and you are connecting to a remote server, you
don't need FILE privilege, but you will need to specify the LOCAL
keyword in the LOAD DATA statement.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/