load servlet mappings at runtime in tomcat

Moth

Can anyone suggest a way to achieve dynamic servlet mappings in tomcat 5.5.

What I want to do is run a web app with any number of paths all pointing to
one servlet. These paths would be loaded from a database and extra paths
can be added at runtime by the user. So an example would be
www.domain.com/sample and www.domain.com/anothersample would both execute
the same servlet.

Another option I thought of was having a custom 404 servlet that would check
the request supplied and then redirect.

Thomas Hawtin

Moth said:
Can anyone suggest a way to achieve dynamic servlet mappings in tomcat 5.5.

What I want to do is run a web app with any number of paths all pointing to
one servlet. These paths would be loaded from a database and extra paths
can be added at runtime by the user. So an example would be
www.domain.com/sample and www.domain.com/anothersample would both execute
the same servlet.

Install it (or a forwarding servlet) as the default mapping in the root
webapp?

Tom Hawtin