Load Testing. What do these counters mean?

mich_stone

Hi all,

I am trying to do a load testing of my web service using web-tests.
Take one instance. I have one web-test in my scenario. I have set the
user pattern as "constant-50 users". I ran the load-test for 2 minutes,
sampled every 5 seconds.

Each "hit" includes 2 requests.

I am confused as to what this "test" really means. One sample run gave
me the following results

Total tests: 1464 (from where did this 1464 come from? Shouldn't
it have been 50users X 120 seconds divided by 5sec sampling = 1200????)

Total requests: 2978 (again, shouldn't total requests be total tests X
2 since each "hit" has got two requests???)

Average test time = 4.01. I assume this is total time taken for the
test divded by number of tests. I guess I can assume, total time taken
is 120 seconds. So 120/1464 = 0.08!!!!!!

Looks like I am totally lost. I checked a lot for documentation both on
newsgroups and on the web, but didn't get anything that could make me
understand the concepts.

Went through the following
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404656(VS.80).aspx

But this does not explain (or I am silly enough not to understand) why
my results appear to be so inconsistent.

Thanks and regards,

Michelle