load tiff pages into an array of BufferedImage

Sergio

Hello:

I would like to load all the pages from a tiff into an array of
BufferedImage. It take too much time to do it. I have a Celeron 1.7
and 512Mg. RAM. The images have around 1600 x 2300 pixels. Does
anybody know how can i load a tiff into a BufferedImage in a fast way?

This is my code
SeekableStream ss = new FileSeekableStream(file);
ImageDecoder decoder = ImageCodec.createImageDecoder("tiff",
ss, null);
int numPages = decoder.getNumPages();
BufferedImage image[]= new BufferedImage[numPages];
for(int i=0;i<decoder.getNumPages();i++){
PlanarImage op = new NullOpImage(dec.decodeAsRenderedImage(i),
null,
OpImage.OP_IO_BOUND,
null);
image = op.getAsBufferedImage();