Load v1.1 framework for ASP page with v2.0 installed on the same machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kandiko@appliedtech.us, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to configure a straight ASP application to run using the 1.1
    framework. Currently, the server has 2.0 installed and it starts up
    under the 2.0 framework, even though I have specified v1.1 in IIS.

    The reason this is happening is because it is an ASP page, the CLR
    loads up the latest runtime, which would be 2.0. But when 2.0 is
    loaded, specific calls to a COM component do not work.....the calls
    only work under the 1.1 framework.

    Now, I have seperated the application pools for each framework, and if
    I run a 1.1 .aspx page before I run the ASP page, the COM call works
    fine.

    I realize that the CLR is designed to respond to the startup using the
    latest framework, but it doesn't work for my application. So is there
    any way to specify that an ASP application load v1.1 instead of the 2.0
    framework?

    Thanks
    Josh

    , Aug 5, 2005

  2. Brock Allen Guest

    In IIS the application properties allow you to switch which version of ASP.NET
    is required. Also, you need to make sure that you're running in an AppPool
    where only other v1.1 apps are running.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Aug 5, 2005

    I have already set the .NET version of the Website and only 1.1 apps
    run in the application pool. But, if an ASP page is requested before a
    ASPX page is requested, the CLR is loaded using the latest version of
    the framework, which would be 2.0. This is my tricky predicament.

    Thanks

    , Aug 5, 2005