Loadable object for Apache::Constants not found

Shaheen Gandhi

Hello. I am attempting to install Bricolage along with apache, mod_perl,
and mason. I am running a gentoo system and have emerge'd apache-1.3.31 as
well as compiled in mod_perl-1.27-r4. I've installed mason and bricolage
and all their dependencies. However, when I attempt to run bric_apachectl
start (which is a bootstrap script for apache that uses a bricolage-specific
httpd.conf rather than the /etc/apache.conf), I receive an error stating
that the loadable object for Apache::Constants could not be found.

Attempting to start apache from the init script (/etc/init.d/apache start)
results in the same error. Note that running perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i686-linux/Apache.pm does work (I get no
errors there).

I've checked the @INC for the apache and non-apache instances of running
perl and they both have the directories where Apache::Constants lives.

So, I pretty much have no idea how to fix this problem. If anyone could
help by responding to me via e-mail, that would be great.

- Shaheen