Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Peted, Sep 6, 2007.

  1. Peted

    Peted Guest

    Hi

    is it possible to load and show a dotnet control dll produced in c# in
    IE webpage or HTA apllication

    WITHOUT needing to have the ccontrol dll served from a web server.

    I want a purely client side only application, with a normal directory
    that contains the html page and the control dll, that is loaded into
    the webpage.

    Is it possible to do this, if so an example or link to a website would
    be appreciated.

    the control is not complex, jyst something like a value slider bar

    thanks for any advice

    Peted
    Peted, Sep 6, 2007

  2. So are you saying you want to embed a windows forms control within a web
    page?
    If so, I've summarized the required steps here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Sep 12, 2007