Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Kevin Spencer, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build a
    custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../cpguide/html/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Big things are made up of
    lots of little things.

    oneeye, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Kevin Spencer

    oneeye Guest

    Hi Kevin

    Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about loading
    a UserControl in design view.

    At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one of
    it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control when
    loaded in the designer ? is this possible??

    Cheers

    oneeye, Jul 24, 2003
  4. You might want to look at the thread "Control Lifetime Radically Different
    in Design Mode - Documented?" in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols on 19-Jul-2003.
    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer

    John Saunders, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Kevin Spencer

    oneeye Guest

    Thanks for your responses

    Oneeye
    > In the designer, nothing gets "loaded." How can something be loaded when

    the
    > app isn't running? But you can emulate that by using a custom Designer

    class

    oneeye, Jul 29, 2003