    Thanks in advance,
    Mouseit
    , Jan 17, 2006

    And please dont attack me for finding 300,000 instant results on how to
    do this. Just a link is fine.
    , Jan 17, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > And please dont attack me for finding 300,000 instant results on how to
    > do this. Just a link is fine.

    You definitely misunderstood something about Usenet. JFYI: It is not your
    personal support forum.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 1/16/2006 10:41 PM:
    > Hello I was wondering if there was a way to load a streaming/static
    > mp3, wav etc. with javascript and then beign able to control its
    > playing, pausing etc. Sorry if this is a noobish question but I can't
    > find anything on the topic.

    You can script an embed tag and use .stop() and .play(). I haven't
    fooled with it in a while but I don't believe you have a way to pause()
    sound. It stops and starts and when it starts it starts from the
    beginning. I also don't recall having a lot of cross browser support but
    that may have change in the last 2 or 3 years.

    Search the archives for stop() and play()

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Jan 17, 2006

    Thnaks randy, and pointed ears stop being so negative.
    , Jan 18, 2006
  6. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 1/17/2006 8:01 PM:
    > Thnaks randy

    Now, if I could just manage to teach you how to find the "Show Options"
    Link on Google so you would quote what you are replying to.

    > , and pointed ears stop being so negative.

    Ignore him, it's the only behavior he knows.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Jan 18, 2006