mouseit101

Hello I was wondering if there was a way to load a streaming/static
mp3, wav etc. with javascript and then beign able to control its
playing, pausing etc. Sorry if this is a noobish question but I can't
find anything on the topic.
Thanks in advance,
Mouseit

mouseit101

And please dont attack me for finding 300,000 instant results on how to
do this. Just a link is fine.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

And please dont attack me for finding 300,000 instant results on how to
do this. Just a link is fine.

You definitely misunderstood something about Usenet. JFYI: It is not your
personal support forum.

PointedEars

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 1/16/2006 10:41 PM:
Hello I was wondering if there was a way to load a streaming/static
mp3, wav etc. with javascript and then beign able to control its
playing, pausing etc. Sorry if this is a noobish question but I can't
find anything on the topic.

You can script an embed tag and use .stop() and .play(). I haven't
fooled with it in a while but I don't believe you have a way to pause()
sound. It stops and starts and when it starts it starts from the
beginning. I also don't recall having a lot of cross browser support but
that may have change in the last 2 or 3 years.

Search the archives for stop() and play()

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 1/17/2006 8:01 PM:
Thnaks randy

Now, if I could just manage to teach you how to find the "Show Options"
Link on Google so you would quote what you are replying to.
, and pointed ears stop being so negative.

Ignore him, it's the only behavior he knows.