    using linux konqueror, albeit slowly. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Comments gratefully received.
    Ivan
    ivan danicic, Mar 28, 2005

  2. ivan danicic

    nialltimpson Guest

    Yes, I'm working on a project with many applets, an while I was using 1.3
    every thing was loading very very quickly but now that im using 1.5 small
    applets like max size of 15 kb are taking several min to load.

    What version of java are you using.

    also in the past hour even though nothing was changed im get the error

    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
    Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(Unknown
    Source)
    at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPanel.paint(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.paintGrayBox(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.repaintGrayBox(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter.progressFinish(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.util.EventMulticaster.progressFinish(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.util.ProgressMonitor.unregisterSource(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.ProgressSource.finishTracking(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.KeepAliveStream.close(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.justRead(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at
    sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$ErrorStream.getErrorStream(Unknown
    Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
    Source)
    at sun.plugin.net.protocol.http.HttpUtils.followRedirects(Unknown
    Source)
    at sun.plugin.cache.CachedFileLoader.download(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.cache.CachedFileLoader.load(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.cache.FileCache.get(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.cache.PluginCacheHandler.get(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown
    Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
    Source)
    ... 15 more

    when every anything loads.
    nialltimpson, Mar 28, 2005

  3. ivan danicic

    ivan danicic Guest

    nialltimpson wrote:

    > Yes, I'm working on a project with many applets, an while I was using 1.3
    > every thing was loading very very quickly but now that im using 1.5 small
    > applets like max size of 15 kb are taking several min to load.
    >
    > What version of java are you using.
    >
    > also in the past hour even though nothing was changed im get the error

    snip
    > java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    > et.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$ErrorStream.getErrorStream(Unknown
    > Source)
    >>

    > when every anything loads.

    Hello, I run version 2. There are no error messages.
    Ivan
    ivan danicic, Mar 28, 2005
  4. ivan danicic

    nialltimpson Guest

    does you have the animated logo running while loading the applet?
    nialltimpson, Apr 2, 2005
  5. ivan danicic

    ivan danicic Guest

    nialltimpson wrote:

    > does you have the animated logo running while loading the applet?

    What is this logo? I don't observe anything animated running while loading.
    Ivan
    ivan danicic, Apr 3, 2005
  6. ivan danicic

    nialltimpson Guest

    It a java mug inside a star, and the star rotates's, I'm guessing your
    applet is just grey while loading.

    Try Recompileing your code usng JDK version 1.3,
    And for your JRE
    Java Plug-in 1.5.0
    Using JRE version 1.5.0 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

    Or post one of your slow applets and Ill see if there is something else
    wrong.

    Niall
    nialltimpson, Apr 4, 2005
  7. ivan danicic

    ivan danicic Guest

    nialltimpson wrote:

    > It a java mug inside a star, and the star rotates's, I'm guessing your
    > applet is just grey while loading.
    >
    > Try Recompileing your code usng JDK version 1.3,
    > And for your JRE
    > Java Plug-in 1.5.0
    > Using JRE version 1.5.0 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    >
    > Or post one of your slow applets and Ill see if there is something else
    > wrong.
    >
    > Niall

    http://ivand.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/myw3/decorations/birthday/index.html
    Ivan.
    ivan danicic, Apr 4, 2005
  8. ivan danicic

    nialltimpson Guest

    nialltimpson, Apr 6, 2005
  9. ivan danicic

    ivan danicic Guest

    nialltimpson wrote:

    >>http://ivand.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/myw3/decorations/birthday/index.html
    >>Ivan.

    > well it loadws very fast for me, here (I actuallyment to code) but Id say
    > try updating your JRE, as that would be the logical explanation
    >
    > Niall

    Hello Niall, that's very interesting; were you using I.Explorer? I am not
    clear what I am supposed to update; presumably it's something to do with
    the java in the browser. I have no idea how to do that.
    Ivan
    ivan danicic, Apr 7, 2005