    not my favorite but probably this could be done safely.

    I don't see anything special in the image tags, am I imagining this
    behavior?

    paul, Jan 24, 2005

  2. paul

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:55:47 -0800 paul wrote:

    > This is an interesting site:
    > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=274543
    > Steer around the menus at the top, they cripple mozilla but notice how
    > the pics load from the top down & only show once fully loaded. I think
    > this is very very useful. I assume it's done with java script which is
    > not my favorite but probably this could be done safely.

    > I don't see anything special in the image tags, am I imagining this
    > behavior?

    Watch carefully, some do skip over ones not yet loaded.
    Very poorly put together.
    Just lists one image right after the other without caring about how many or
    how long it takes to load.
    No pre-loading, which would help.
    The main reason it appears to load in sequence is due to the use of <div>
    for each image.

    Richard, Jan 24, 2005

  3. In article <>, says...
    > This is an interesting site:
    > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=274543
    > Steer around the menus at the top, they cripple mozilla but notice how
    > the pics load from the top down & only show once fully loaded.

    No they don't. They show as they're loading.

    > I think
    > this is very very useful. I assume it's done with java script which is
    > not my favorite but probably this could be done safely.

    Why? Have you read the source code?

    > I don't see anything special in the image tags, am I imagining this
    > behavior?

    Yes. Ignore Richard the Stupid. He's an idiot, is full of shit, and
    has no idea what he's talking about. The moron has spent the last four
    weeks stealing code for his "image gallery" and is still nowhere near
    finished.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 24, 2005
  4. paul

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

    > Yes. Ignore Richard the Stupid. He's an idiot, is full of shit, and
    > has no idea what he's talking about. The moron has spent the last four
    > weeks stealing code for his "image gallery" and is still nowhere near
    > finished.

    Looks just about finished from here.
    http://somestuff.batcave.net/

    --