CSharper

I need to display a very large xml file in my asp page. It take some
time to load the xml file. What is the best way to improve user
experience in loading the large xml file in asp page?
Thanks,

Jon Wallace

The problem is that the ASP code is preprocessed and if your page relies on
the XML data, you really need to wait until the code is done before you can
return something to the user.

Probably the best thing to do would be to have a landing page...

So page1.asp would in essense put a message up like "This may take a
moment..." and redirects to page2.asp using
<%response.redirect("page2.asp")%> - page2.asp is where you do your XML
stuff...

That way, at least the user knows to wait on it completing and that there is
nothing wrong...

Just a thought anyway unless someone has got anything better to offer :eek:)

Regards,
Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com