Loading library problems

Discussion in 'Java' started by toucansam, Jan 23, 2008.

1. toucansam

toucansam

Ok so here's the deal. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with loading jogl (an opengl library for java). This is for a plugin, so java.library.path is not always the same. So beforehand, I add the plugin directory path to java.library.path. I have it print out the paths, and so far so good. However when jogl loads, it says it cannot find jogl. This being strange, I try to move the libraries around. I put in this directory next (which was in java.library.path before i added the new directory):

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources

which is very naughty i know and can cause problems. but this time the library loaded just fine. I've double checked things here so many times. Now i'm sure I can just work with it in the framework directory to just develop the plugin, but if I want to release it, this is not acceptable.

String nativ = System.mapLibraryName("jogl");
    System.load(libPath+"/"+nativ);

which works to load it, but then jogl still uses System.loadLibrary("jogl") so it doesn't work again.

another note, I tried immediately loading the library after I changed the path. This did not work, and it said it couldn't find the library.

Any help?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
    toucansam, Jan 23, 2008
    1. Advertising