Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Ok so here's the deal. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with loading jogl (an opengl library for java). This is for a plugin, so java.library.path is not always the same. So beforehand, I add the plugin directory path to java.library.path. I have it print out the paths, and so far so good. However when jogl loads, it says it cannot find jogl. This being strange, I try to move the libraries around. I put in this directory next (which was in java.library.path before i added the new directory):

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources

which is very naughty i know and can cause problems. but this time the library loaded just fine. I've double checked things here so many times. Now i'm sure I can just work with it in the framework directory to just develop the plugin, but if I want to release it, this is not acceptable.

String nativ = System.mapLibraryName("jogl");
System.load(libPath+"/"+nativ);

which works to load it, but then jogl still uses System.loadLibrary("jogl") so it doesn't work again.

another note, I tried immediately loading the library after I changed the path. This did not work, and it said it couldn't find the library.

Any help?

Last edited: