Discussion in 'Java' started by toucansam, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. toucansam

    toucansam

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Ok so here's the deal. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with loading jogl (an opengl library for java). This is for a plugin, so java.library.path is not always the same. So beforehand, I add the plugin directory path to java.library.path. I have it print out the paths, and so far so good. However when jogl loads, it says it cannot find jogl. This being strange, I try to move the libraries around. I put in this directory next (which was in java.library.path before i added the new directory):

    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources

    which is very naughty i know and can cause problems. but this time the library loaded just fine. I've double checked things here so many times. Now i'm sure I can just work with it in the framework directory to just develop the plugin, but if I want to release it, this is not acceptable.

    String nativ = System.mapLibraryName("jogl");
    System.load(libPath+"/"+nativ);

    which works to load it, but then jogl still uses System.loadLibrary("jogl") so it doesn't work again.

    another note, I tried immediately loading the library after I changed the path. This did not work, and it said it couldn't find the library.

    Any help?

    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
    toucansam, Jan 23, 2008