MFA

Hi All

I have one ASP page. During opening this page its taking some time to open
as its has to process some asp code. I want to display some animated gif or
text showing that page is loading or please wait...or some thing like that.

I put image and text on top in file and then asp code but its not showing
its only showing non asp part when its finishing the asp processing. I tried
with response.buffer = false too. but no luck.

Is there any way that I can show some text during asp page is loading or
processing.

Regards

Ray at

Are you using response.flush prior to the long processing part? I've seen
IE be picky about displaying half returned pages before. It makes no sense
though. IE is the most forgiving browser, yet it won't display an unclosed
table when you're half way through a response. But I think I've also heard
that IE won't display anything until the response has reached a certain
number of bytes, as well. So, I guess, play with the html and
response.flush, and if it still doesn't work, see what happens if you add
something like
<% for i = 1 to 50 %>
<!-- This is some bogus response comment -->
<% next %>
to bring up the size of the response.

Ray at home

FaYYaZ

Thanks Ray for your help..

I tried this but no luck.

I tried another way so I got the result.

I split the file into two files. file1 contain html and file2 contain asp
code in file1 I include a <iframe> and loaded file2 in this frame so its
working.

Thanks again for your help.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I split the file into two files. file1 contain html and file2 contain asp
code in file1 I include a <iframe> and loaded file2 in this frame so its
working.

And how will this work for Netscape, Mozilla, Safari, etc.?

FaYYaZ

I think the answered should come from your side (microsoft side) but Some
Thing is Better Than Nothing.

cheers