    Is there any way that I can show some text during asp page is loading or
    processing.

    Regards

    MFA, Nov 18, 2003

  2. MFA

    Ray at Guest

    Are you using response.flush prior to the long processing part? I've seen
    IE be picky about displaying half returned pages before. It makes no sense
    though. IE is the most forgiving browser, yet it won't display an unclosed
    table when you're half way through a response. But I think I've also heard
    that IE won't display anything until the response has reached a certain
    number of bytes, as well. So, I guess, play with the html and
    response.flush, and if it still doesn't work, see what happens if you add
    something like
    <% for i = 1 to 50 %>
    <!-- This is some bogus response comment -->
    <% next %>
    to bring up the size of the response.

    Ray at home

    "MFA" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have one ASP page. During opening this page its taking some time to open
    > as its has to process some asp code. I want to display some animated gif

    or
    > text showing that page is loading or please wait...or some thing like

    that.

    > I put image and text on top in file and then asp code but its not showing
    > its only showing non asp part when its finishing the asp processing. I

    tried

    Ray at, Nov 18, 2003

  3. MFA

    FaYYaZ Guest

    Thanks Ray for your help..

    I tried this but no luck.

    I tried another way so I got the result.

    I split the file into two files. file1 contain html and file2 contain asp
    code in file1 I include a <iframe> and loaded file2 in this frame so its
    working.

    Thanks again for your help.

    FaYYaZ, Nov 18, 2003
  4. > I split the file into two files. file1 contain html and file2 contain asp
    > code in file1 I include a <iframe> and loaded file2 in this frame so its
    > working.

    And how will this work for Netscape, Mozilla, Safari, etc.?

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Nov 18, 2003
  5. MFA

    FaYYaZ Guest

    I think the answered should come from your side (microsoft side) but Some
    Thing is Better Than Nothing.

    cheers

    FaYYaZ, Nov 18, 2003