Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bubu, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Bubu

    Bubu Guest

    Bubu, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Bubu

    jlbdoc95 Guest

    "Bubu" <> wrote in message
    news:l3sHe.34595$...
    > Hello, I have make an html page with a linked CSS file.
    > I'll post the links to the files
    >
    > http://www.lumierestudios.com/houston/plants.html
    > http://www.lumierestudios.com/houston/plants.css
    >
    > My problem is that when I load the html locally all work great (both
    > Firefox and Internet Explorer load the page correctly) but, when I open
    > the page from a website I don't see the png images from Internet Explorer
    > (Firefox load it correctly)
    >
    > What I miss?

    Seems like you are developing on a windows box (not case sensitive) but then
    you are putting the files on a UNIX box. UNIX is case sensitive, change the
    file name in your CSS to match the case of the file and you should be good
    to go.

    Doc95

    jlbdoc95, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Bubu

    Spartanicus Guest

    Bubu <> wrote:

    >Hello, I have make an html page with a linked CSS file.
    >I'll post the links to the files
    >
    >http://www.lumierestudios.com/houston/plants.html
    >http://www.lumierestudios.com/houston/plants.css
    >
    >My problem is that when I load the html locally all work great (both
    >Firefox and Internet Explorer load the page correctly) but, when I open
    >the page from a website I don't see the png images from Internet
    >Explorer (Firefox load it correctly)
    >
    >What I miss?

    To start with 20 HTML errors:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.lumierestudios.com/houston/plants.html

    Fix those first, if the problem persists come back.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Aug 1, 2005
  4. Bubu

    Bubu Guest

    Re: Loading problem from Internet explorer of an html with CSS andPNG

    > Seems like you are developing on a windows box (not case sensitive) but then
    > you are putting the files on a UNIX box. UNIX is case sensitive, change the
    > file name in your CSS to match the case of the file and you should be good
    > to go.

    Ups, you are right, thank you

    Bubu
    Bubu, Aug 2, 2005