Discussion in 'Python' started by wazza, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. wazza

    wazza Guest

    Running python 2.6 (r26:66714) on Win Xp Pro SP3, I receive the
    following message:
    python -v -v -v
    >>> import functions

    ..
    ..

    # trying U:\wss\v72212\components\trm\python\lib\lib\site-packages
    \_fk_cl.pyd
    # clear[2] __file__
    # clear[2] __package__
    # clear[2] __path__
    # clear[2] __name__
    # clear[2] __doc__
    # clear[2] __name__
    # clear[2] __file__
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "u:\wss\v72212\components\trm\python\lib\lib\site-packages
    \functions.py", line 1, in <module>
    import FK.Core
    File "U:\wss\v72212\components\trm\python\lib\lib\site-packages\FK
    \Core\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from _fk_cl import *
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The operating system cannot run %1.

    Tracking this back, this represents an error code in windows:

    ERROR_INVALID_ORDINAL
    182 (0xB6)

    The web has been unhelpful on what this represents.

    This works for people on other computers with the same configuration.
    I have python 2.6 loaded locally.

    Any ideas? I thought perhaps file associations in windows, but there
    are none for .pyd files.
    wazza, Aug 4, 2010

  2. wazza

    wazza Guest

    On Aug 4, 1:39 pm, wazza <> wrote:
    > Running python 2.6 (r26:66714)  on Win Xp Pro SP3, I receive the
    > following message:
    > python -v -v -v>>> import functions
    >
    > .
    > .
    >
    > # trying U:\wss\v72212\components\trm\python\lib\lib\site-packages
    > \_fk_cl.pyd
    > #   clear[2] __file__
    > #   clear[2] __package__
    > #   clear[2] __path__
    > #   clear[2] __name__
    > #   clear[2] __doc__
    > #   clear[2] __name__
    > #   clear[2] __file__
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    >   File "u:\wss\v72212\components\trm\python\lib\lib\site-packages
    > \functions.py", line 1, in <module>
    >     import FK.Core
    >   File "U:\wss\v72212\components\trm\python\lib\lib\site-packages\FK
    > \Core\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    >     from _fk_cl import *
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The operating system cannot run %1.
    >
    > Tracking this back, this represents an error code in windows:
    >
    > ERROR_INVALID_ORDINAL
    > 182 (0xB6)
    >
    > The web has been unhelpful on what this represents.
    >
    > This works for people on other computers with the same configuration.
    > I have python 2.6 loaded locally.
    >
    > Any ideas? I thought perhaps file associations in windows, but there
    > are none for .pyd files.

    OK Fixed it myself (maybe I should have looked deeper ebfore raising
    this post.

    I used dependency walker to check the dependencies of the pyd file. It
    indicated that
    libeay.dll had a problem (at least one module has an unresolved improt
    due to a missing export function
    in an implicity dependent module.

    Looked and sure enough it was in /windows/system32, dated 4/3/2008.
    There were 5 other instances on the box, from things like
    Yahoo widget engine, Landesk and vmware infrastructure server

    libeay.dll is part of the ssl library and must mismatch with some
    other parts of the application.

    In time honored manner, deleted from /windows/system32 (did not bother
    unregistering) and the problem is solved.
    wazza, Aug 4, 2010