    mouse over technique using document.image.src=newimage style coding.
    need to know how it loads in dialup.
    I'm on cable so I don't know.

    Richard, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Richard wrote:
    > www.1-large-world.com/testing/
    >
    > mouse over technique using document.image.src=newimage style coding.
    > need to know how it loads in dialup.
    > I'm on cable so I don't know.

    15-20 seconds for the first image, 12 for second. Not exactly "crisp".

    Erm ... And that's not your family ... is it? ;-)

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Joel wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    >> www.1-large-world.com/testing/

    >> mouse over technique using document.image.src=newimage style coding.
    >> need to know how it loads in dialup.
    >> I'm on cable so I don't know.

    > 15-20 seconds for the first image, 12 for second. Not exactly "crisp".

    > Erm ... And that's not your family ... is it? ;-)

    That's what I wanted to know thanks.
    Damn cable company upgraded the system and I just tested out at 4030kbps.
    http://www.iols.com/tech/modems/speedtest.html
    With that speed, I could do everything I needed to on my remote server.

    Richard, Oct 7, 2003
  4. In article <>, anom@anom says...
    > Joel wrote:
    >
    > > Richard wrote:
    > >> www.1-large-world.com/testing/

    > >> mouse over technique using document.image.src=newimage style coding.
    > >> need to know how it loads in dialup.
    > >> I'm on cable so I don't know.

    > > 15-20 seconds for the first image, 12 for second. Not exactly "crisp".

    > > Erm ... And that's not your family ... is it? ;-)

    > That's what I wanted to know thanks.
    > Damn cable company upgraded the system and I just tested out at 4030kbps.
    > http://www.iols.com/tech/modems/speedtest.html

    That test is completely unreliable. I just got 5000 K bytes/sec (40800
    Kbps) on 512k ADSL line.

    > With that speed, I could do everything I needed to on my remote server.

    Not wise - you'd need to be careful about backing up.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 7, 2003

> [...]