Scott Vercuski

Hello all,

I've got a question about session state. Is it possible to
declare and load a session into a session object from the sql server
database. Here's the scenario ...

I've got a website using SqlServer as the session state manager.
I've got a web service that I'd like to pass in the SessionID and have
it load the session from the database. I'd just like to know if this
is possible.

Scott Vercuski
(e-mail address removed)

Patrice

In the worst case, you can alwyas read from the database anyway.

That said, for a web service I'm not sure this is quite an ideal
architecture. I would let rather the webservice works as a single thing (ie
not depend on having a session established somewhere else).

If you need to make multiple calls the webservice could expose login/logout
methods and maintain state between these two calls if needed ???

Else it can be more than something that is queued to a table and that the
webservices uses at a later time ?

Patrice

Scott Vercuski

Patrice,

You make a good point, but I would also like to know if it is
possible to "reload" a session object from the database for other
purposes in my application.

Thank you,
Scott