joseph white

I have a need to do this: My web site has two frames, call them
"Frame-A" and "Frame-B". I have an anchor in Frame-A that causes
another HTML file to be displayed in Frame-A when it clicked on. I
also wish to display a second HTML file in Frame-B to be displayed on
the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
accomplished in HTML?

Richard

joseph said:
I have a need to do this: My web site has two frames, call them
"Frame-A" and "Frame-B". I have an anchor in Frame-A that causes
another HTML file to be displayed in Frame-A when it clicked on. I
also wish to display a second HTML file in Frame-B to be displayed on
the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
accomplished in HTML?

You might need to have two framesets defined.
Not sure if that's possible in html though.

Mitja

I have a need to do this: My web site has two frames, call them
"Frame-A" and "Frame-B". I have an anchor in Frame-A that causes
another HTML file to be displayed in Frame-A when it clicked on. I
also wish to display a second HTML file in Frame-B to be displayed on
the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
accomplished in HTML?

Only with javascript, which is a no-no.
Another option is to have a different framset file for every possible
combination of frames, then load the desired frameset with _top target.
(urgh)

The best option is to drop frames completely and use server-side scripting
if needed. Frames also have issues other than what you just mentioned,
google for framesareevil.

Richard

Only with javascript, which is a no-no.
Another option is to have a different framset file for every possible
combination of frames, then load the desired frameset with _top target.
(urgh)
The best option is to drop frames completely and use server-side scripting
if needed. Frames also have issues other than what you just mentioned,
google for framesareevil.

The worst kind of frame is one written in Front Page 98!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Did he really say frames?

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
I have a need to do this:

Need? I doubt it.
My web site has two frames,

You *need* to fix that.
call them
"Frame-A" and "Frame-B".

If you insist.
I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
accomplished in HTML?

Only by linking to a brand new frameset. But it would be much better to
fix the actual problem by removing the frames in the first place.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/whatswrong.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")