    the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
    load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
    accomplished in HTML?

    joseph white, Dec 21, 2004

  2. joseph white

    Richard Guest

    joseph white wrote:

    > I have a need to do this: My web site has two frames, call them
    > "Frame-A" and "Frame-B". I have an anchor in Frame-A that causes
    > another HTML file to be displayed in Frame-A when it clicked on. I
    > also wish to display a second HTML file in Frame-B to be displayed on
    > the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
    > load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
    > accomplished in HTML?

    You might need to have two framesets defined.
    Not sure if that's possible in html though.

    Richard, Dec 21, 2004

  3. joseph white

    Mitja Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:37:43 -0600, joseph white <>
    wrote:

    > I have a need to do this: My web site has two frames, call them
    > "Frame-A" and "Frame-B". I have an anchor in Frame-A that causes
    > another HTML file to be displayed in Frame-A when it clicked on. I
    > also wish to display a second HTML file in Frame-B to be displayed on
    > the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
    > load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
    > accomplished in HTML?

    Only with javascript, which is a no-no.
    Another option is to have a different framset file for every possible
    combination of frames, then load the desired frameset with _top target.
    (urgh)

    The best option is to drop frames completely and use server-side scripting
    if needed. Frames also have issues other than what you just mentioned,
    google for framesareevil.

    --
    Mitja

    Mitja, Dec 21, 2004
  4. joseph white

    Richard Guest

    Mitja wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:37:43 -0600, joseph white <>
    > wrote:

    >> I have a need to do this: My web site has two frames, call them
    >> "Frame-A" and "Frame-B". I have an anchor in Frame-A that causes
    >> another HTML file to be displayed in Frame-A when it clicked on. I
    >> also wish to display a second HTML file in Frame-B to be displayed on
    >> the same mouse click. In other words, I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
    >> load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
    >> accomplished in HTML?

    > Only with javascript, which is a no-no.
    > Another option is to have a different framset file for every possible
    > combination of frames, then load the desired frameset with _top target.
    > (urgh)

    > The best option is to drop frames completely and use server-side scripting
    > if needed. Frames also have issues other than what you just mentioned,
    > google for framesareevil.

    > --
    > Mitja

    The worst kind of frame is one written in Front Page 98!

    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

    Did he really say frames?

    Richard, Dec 21, 2004
  5. joseph white

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, joseph white <> said:

    > I have a need to do this:

    Need? I doubt it.

    > My web site has two frames,

    You *need* to fix that.

    > call them
    > "Frame-A" and "Frame-B".

    If you insist.

    > I'd like my anchor in Frame-A to
    > load TWO HTML files, one in Frame-A and one in Frame-B . Can this be
    > accomplished in HTML?

    Only by linking to a brand new frameset. But it would be much better to
    fix the actual problem by removing the frames in the first place.

    http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/whatswrong.html
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    frames")