LoadPicture - problem!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Iulian Ilea, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Iulian Ilea

    Iulian Ilea Guest

    Hello!

    I've created a PDF report and trying to load a picture using
    LoadPicture fucntion. It works fine on my computer but it gives an
    error on some other computers - permision denied, or something similar.

    Code:
    ----------
    Dim myImg, fs
    Set fs= Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    if not fs.fileExists(img) then exit sub
    set myImg = loadpicture(img)
    iWidth = round(myImg.width / 26.4583)
    iHeight = round(myImg.height / 26.4583)
    ----------

    File is found but when trying to load I get something like permision
    denied.

    img =
    Server.MapPath("../../../")&Session("IG").getValue("UploadDir")&arr(30,i),"/","\")

    Application is not stored in a directory different by the IIS's Home
    directory. I have a virtual directory for accessing the application, I
    don't know if this influences in some way.

    Iulian Ilea, Dec 21, 2006

  2. "Jon Paal" <Jon nospam Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message
    > some web hosts won't allow this type of folder reference :

    It's called a parent path, by default IIS6 disables the use of parent paths.
    Rather than enable this 'feature' use an absolute path instead.

    Anthony Jones, Dec 22, 2006

  3. "Jon Paal" <Jon nospam Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message
    > please respond to the person who asked the question, not to the person who

    already provided the answer

    Please don't top post. Please don't do this and please don't do that.
    Sheesh!

    Anthony Jones, Dec 31, 2006