LoadPicture - problem!

Iulian Ilea

Hello!

I've created a PDF report and trying to load a picture using
LoadPicture fucntion. It works fine on my computer but it gives an
error on some other computers - permision denied, or something similar.

Code:
----------
Dim myImg, fs
Set fs= Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
if not fs.fileExists(img) then exit sub
set myImg = loadpicture(img)
iWidth = round(myImg.width / 26.4583)
iHeight = round(myImg.height / 26.4583)
----------

File is found but when trying to load I get something like permision
denied.

img =
Server.MapPath("../../../")&Session("IG").getValue("UploadDir")&arr(30,i),"/","\")

Application is not stored in a directory different by the IIS's Home
directory. I have a virtual directory for accessing the application, I
don't know if this influences in some way.

Anthony Jones

Jon Paal said:
some web hosts won't allow this type of folder reference :

It's called a parent path, by default IIS6 disables the use of parent paths.
Rather than enable this 'feature' use an absolute path instead.

Anthony Jones

Jon Paal said:
please respond to the person who asked the question, not to the person who already provided the answer

Please don't top post. Please don't do this and please don't do that.
Sheesh!