"Local Activation permission" Problem when trying to access application

ElGordo

I have a routine which opens a command shell and runs an executable.

This all worked fine until recently, and I noticed that each time the
statement is run, an event is logged in the event viewer stating:

______
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{CLS-ID}
to the user ASPNET SID (ID). This security permission can be modified
using the Component Services administrative tool.
______

This references the CLS-ID of the command line program I execute (a file
extraction utility).

However, when I try to grant the appropriate this program the permissions in
Component Services / DCOM Config, it isn't listed!

Does the error mean that the ASPNET user account cannot execute the program?

If so, how can I remedy this if XP does not even list it in the DCOM Config
UI?

Should I be looking somewhere else?

Help!

Running: XP Pro / SP2

Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

In the Component Services tool, select Component Services --> Computers --> My Computer and right-click. Then select Properties and the COM Security tab. In the "Launch and Activation Permissions" panel, select "Edit Default". You can add the permission for the ASPNET user from there.

Cheers,
David Lemoine / AspiraCon.