Local 'Write' Registry Access from IIS application is denied

Adrian Dev

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right newsgroup.

I have written a tiny IIS application, that allows a user to change some
local registry settings on the IIS server. (HKLM/Software/ACompany.... )

When I test it on a 'workgroup' IIS setup, it works fine, and the registry
hive is updated. But an Active directory setup, as soon as the application
makes the OpenSubKey(path, true), to open the key for writing, registry
access is denied.

Does anyone know if there is some policy setting somewhere thats blocking
this? I am using .NET1.1

thanks,