    Jack

    W2k Server
    IIS 5.0

    Jackness, Aug 27, 2004

  2. If you created a virtual directory, shouldn't you be going to
    http://localhost/nameOfVirtualDirectory/xxxx.asp?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 28, 2004

  3. Jackness

    Guest Guest

    yes and I did: http://localhost/nameofVD/asp
    but I still get the 404 error

    Guest, Aug 28, 2004
  4. What about if you do an xxx.htm file? Can you pull up a .htm file?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 28, 2004
  5. Jackness

    Guest Guest

    I tried that as well. No luck. I am perplexed.

    in

    Guest, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Jackness

    Rafe Guest

    Is the port setting correct?
    ie http://localhost:81/blah.asp
    or whatever port you have specified for the site

    Rafe, Aug 28, 2004
  7. Jackness

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Can you see the files in IIS manager?
    If so, what happens if you right-click on one and select "browse" (if it
    works, note the URL used)?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development