Localhost vs machine name

Mark Rae

Hi,

In ASP.NET v1.x it was possible to specify on a project by project basis
that the site would load as the machine name instead of localhost when
running within Visual Studio.NET e.g. you hit F5 and the site loads as

http://myDevMachine/myTestSite

instead of

http://localhost/myTestSite

This was particularly useful when using SSL certificates generated with
SelfSSL for testing secure sites etc.

Is this possible in ASP.NET 2?

Mark

Scott Allen

You can set a different URL for debugging:

Right click the project - select "Property Pages"
Go To "Start Options"

Change the start option to an URL.

Mark Rae

You can set a different URL for debugging:

Right click the project - select "Property Pages"
Go To "Start Options"

Change the start option to an URL.

D'oh! I really ought to have been able to figure that one out for myself!
Thanks... :)

Mark Rae

You can set a different URL for debugging:

Right click the project - select "Property Pages"
Go To "Start Options"

Change the start option to an URL.

I did that, and the site no longer jumps into debug mode i.e. I press F5 and
the site launches directly, even though I have a breakpoint in the
Session_Start code. If I reset it to start with 'default.aspx' instead of
"http://myDevMachine/mySite/default.aspx", it jumps into debug mode as
normal...

Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Regarding Localhost vs machine name

Hi Mark,

Can you please tell me how to replace the localhost with the machine name(or any customised name).

I am new to dotnet and working with DOTNET2003. I tried but was unable to achieve this.

thanx
surendra