    SelfSSL for testing secure sites etc.

    Is this possible in ASP.NET 2?

    Mark
    Mark Rae, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Mark Rae

    Scott Allen Guest

    You can set a different URL for debugging:

    Right click the project - select "Property Pages"
    Go To "Start Options"

    Change the start option to an URL.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Scott Allen" <> wrote in message

    > You can set a different URL for debugging:
    >
    > Right click the project - select "Property Pages"
    > Go To "Start Options"
    >
    > Change the start option to an URL.

    D'oh! I really ought to have been able to figure that one out for myself!
    Thanks... :)
    Mark Rae, Dec 4, 2005
  4. Mark Rae

    > You can set a different URL for debugging:
    >
    > Right click the project - select "Property Pages"
    > Go To "Start Options"
    >
    > Change the start option to an URL.

    I did that, and the site no longer jumps into debug mode i.e. I press F5 and
    the site launches directly, even though I have a breakpoint in the
    Session_Start code. If I reset it to start with 'default.aspx' instead of
    "http://myDevMachine/mySite/default.aspx", it jumps into debug mode as
    normal...
    Mark Rae, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message

    > I did that, and the site no longer jumps into debug mode

    Ignore me - it was late...

    Thanks, Scott - works perfectly.
    Mark Rae, Dec 5, 2005
  6. Mark Rae

    Scott Allen Guest

    Scott Allen, Dec 5, 2005
  7. Mark Rae

    surendra_pintu

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Regarding Localhost vs machine name

    Hi Mark,

    Can you please tell me how to replace the localhost with the machine name(or any customised name).

    I am new to dotnet and working with DOTNET2003. I tried but was unable to achieve this.

    thanx
    surendra
    surendra_pintu, Jul 26, 2007