localhost vs. MyComputer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vik, May 21, 2009.

  1. Vik

    Vik Guest

    I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
    I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
    If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
    //localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the borders
    and WITH the gridlines.
    If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
    then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
    If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT the
    borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid WITHOUT
    the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.

    When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
    //MyCompName/...

    Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?

    Thanks.

    Victor

    Vik, May 21, 2009

  2. Without seeing the code and understanding your computer's set up, I have no
    clue.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 21, 2009

  3. Vik

    Vik Guest

    Here is the source code:

    <head>
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form method="post" action="TableBorder.aspx" id="form1">
    id="GridView1"
    style="border-style:None; border-collapse:collapse;">
    </form>
    http://localhost/Incidents/TableBorder.aspx- the table appears without the
    borders and with the rules. I need to get this on the server.

    http://MyComp/Incidents/TableBorder.aspx - the table appears with the
    borders and with the rules. The same on the server.

    The same behaivior if I change the file name to *.htm.

    I have Windows XP, IIS 5.1. The server has Windows 2003.

    Thanks.

    Victor

    Vik, May 21, 2009
  4. Vik

    Mark Guest

    If you're using Internet Explorer 8, make sure that you do not have
    Compatability View switched on when viewing the page via MyCompName.

    Cheers,
    Mark.

    Mark, Jun 17, 2009