Localizing a web setup project

WT

Hello,
Using english version of vs 2005 to develop,
my setup dialogs are all displayed in english, is there some way to have it
displayed according the current culture using resources as we do for
applications and web sites ?

Thanks for help
CS
PS: already posted in localization without any answer

Bruno Alexandre

I didn't understand it quite well...

you want to change Visual Studio 2005 dialog boxes, or you own Visual Basic
/ ASP.NET application?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Bruno,

As for the Visual Studio(2005 or 2003)'s setup project, they only contains
a small subset of the windows installer sdk's functionality. And vs 2005
setup project dosn't support localizing the built-in setup user interface.
As far as I can get, we are only able to localize the custom action's UI
elements through the .net framework localization feature.

BTW, if you're directly using the raw window installer sdk to create the
setup packge, you can have a look at the windows installer sdk's
localization support:

#Localizing a Windows Installer Package
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/localizing_a_windows_insta
ller_package.asp?frame=true