Locating fields in grid

Gary

I have a grid with Contact information, Last Name, First
Name, Address, City, State, Zip. etc.... There are about
2000 or more records on the grid. They are sorted by
Last Name, First Name.

Is there a way while on the grid to enter a last name,
say "Smith" for example, and go right to that row? I
don't want to have a text box entry just be able to type
where the cursor is on the grid.

Any help or examples would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Ian Oldbury

Hi Gary,
You could do it by ...

some relativly simple javascript to
1. store the keypress/s values into a variable or store that information
into an already created html/.net control
2. read the stored value
3. sort or just move to that position on the datagrid

ian