LOCATION API J2ME MOTOROLA A835

PeppeM

- Where I can find com.motorola.location package to compile into pc
midlet before make a jar?

- Where I can find com.motorola.location package documentation? In the
motorola A835 developer guide there's very litte bit information.

- There are difference between com.motorola.location package and
com.motorola.iden.position package?

- Is it necessary any form of digital signature, authorization or
anything to get AGPS motorola driver access throught location api?

- I write a simple test midlet i compile this source code and package
in a jar..etc etc.. When I install it in a motorola A835, The cell.
show this message: "Application is unauthorized", why??

- You know anyone who test right "find the place" MIDLET in A835?

import com.motorola.location.*;
import javax.microedition.lcdui.*;
import javax.microedition.midlet.*;
import javax.microedition.io.*;
import java.io.*;

public class Prova2 extends MIDlet implements CommandListener
{
// display manager
Display display = null;

// form
Form form = new Form(null);

// command
static final Command exitCommand = new Command("Exit",
Command.STOP, 1);

/**
* Start the MIDlet by creating a list of items and associating
the
* exit command with it.
*/
public void startApp() throws MIDletStateChangeException
{
display = Display.getDisplay(this);
PositionSource sc = null;
try { sc = (PositionSource)
Connector.open("location://");}
catch (IOException ex) { }
// AggregatePosition pos = sc.getPosition();
String stringPos = "test";
// stringPos = pos.toString();
testForm(stringPos);
}

public void pauseApp()
{ }

public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional)
{ notifyDestroyed(); }

/**
* Test the Form component.
*/
public void testForm(String s)
{
form.append(new StringItem(null, s));
form.addCommand(exitCommand);
form.setCommandListener(this);
display.setCurrent(form);
}

/**
* Handle events.
*/
public void commandAction(Command c, Displayable d)
{
String label = c.getLabel();
if (label.equals("Exit"))
{
destroyApp(true);

Darryl Pierce

PeppeM said:
- Where I can find com.motorola.location package to compile into pc
midlet before make a jar?

Did you try looking at the Motorola developer website?
- Where I can find com.motorola.location package documentation? In the
motorola A835 developer guide there's very litte bit information.

Probably comes with the SDK.
- There are difference between com.motorola.location package and
com.motorola.iden.position package?

- Is it necessary any form of digital signature, authorization or
anything to get AGPS motorola driver access throught location api?
Probably.

- I write a simple test midlet i compile this source code and package
in a jar..etc etc.. When I install it in a motorola A835, The cell.
show this message: "Application is unauthorized", why??

I guess you need to have that digital signature.