Location of compiled JSPs in eclipse/websphere?

Dundonald

I'm running websphere 5.1.2. Does anyone know where the compiled JSPs
are stored so I can delete them whilst testing code? It's horrible
having changed an include file for example and it's not picked up
because the main JSP is already compiled.

I did some googling and one suggestion was the <workspace>\.metadata
\.plugins\com.ibm.etools.webtools\Jsp2Java folder but this doesn't
work.

I also did a search in my entire workspace folder for "*<insert name
of JSP>*" to see if I could find anything compiled to delete but
couldn't.

Any ideas please let me know!

Thanks

Lew

Dundonald said:
I also did a search in my entire workspace folder for "*<insert name
of JSP>*" to see if I could find anything compiled to delete but
couldn't.

Likely it's not under the workspace folder but under the WebSphere
installation folder somewhere, or perhaps in some temporary directory either
in the file system at large or in your home directory tree. The JSP name will
be mangled into the .java and .class file names, e.g., "index.jsp" might
become "index_jsp.java". I don't know the WebSphere-specific incantation, but
it's along those lines.

For example, using Tomcat I find http://localhost:8080/appname/profile.jsp
translated into

$CATALINA_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/appname/org/apache/jsp/profile_jsp.java

Dundonald

Likely it's not under the workspace folder but under the WebSphere
installation folder somewhere, or perhaps in some temporary directory either
in the file system at large or in your home directory tree. The JSP name will
be mangled into the .java and .class file names, e.g., "index.jsp" might
become "index_jsp.java". I don't know the WebSphere-specific incantation, but
it's along those lines.

For example, using Tomcat I findhttp://localhost:8080/appname/profile.jsp
translated into

$CATALINA_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/appname/org/apache/jsp/profile_jsp.java

Excellent, thanks. Did another search and found under the etools
server directory structure inside my workspace.