location of j_security_check

Aj-India

Hi,

I am using Websphere 5.1. I am just curious to know the contents of
j_security_check. I dont know where this file resides. Does anyone know
in which jar file it is? I tried locating it with Jar browser but no
luck.

Cheers,

Aj

Andrea Desole

Aj-India said:
Hi,

I am using Websphere 5.1. I am just curious to know the contents of
j_security_check. I dont know where this file resides. Does anyone know
in which jar file it is? I tried locating it with Jar browser but no
luck.

it's not the location of a specific file. j_security_check is the action
that applications using form based login have to specify for the login
form. In the same form you should also have a text input control called
j_username and a password input control called j_password.
When you see this it means that the information contained in the form
will be submitted to the server, which will check name and password. How
this is done is server specific.

Aj-India

I am looking for server specific information. By action, there can only
be two possibilities

(1) j_security_check is a servlet for which there should be some
mapping information in web.xml
(2) j_security_check is a Struts action for which there must be a
mapping in struts-config.xml

If (1) is true, then where does the servlet class file reside. I
searched in Admin console application of WebSphere but could'nt find it

If (2) is true, then where is the struts-config.xml?

cheers,

Aj

Andrea Desole

Aj-India said:
I am looking for server specific information. By action, there can only
be two possibilities

(1) j_security_check is a servlet for which there should be some
mapping information in web.xml
(2) j_security_check is a Struts action for which there must be a
mapping in struts-config.xml

it's none of the above. However, if you want to know how it is
implemented, I would assume that it's kind of a servlet. Not a real
servlet, though, because j_security_check is a relative location, so
it's not mapped in a standard way.
In short, don't be surprised if you don't find anything on your server
concerning j_security_check. If you do, it definitely won't be in *your*
web.xml (where you should find some other information concerning form
based login, like the form login page), but rather in a server specific
global configuration file.
I would still say that the best thing is to consider it what it is: a
standard action specified when you want to use form based login. If you
want to know more I would say a very good knowledge of Websphere is needed

Aj-India

I guess, the location of the configuration file will be a mystery.
Thanks for your help

Cheers,

Aj