    Is there a way to lock the PrtScn key from doing a screen shot?

    Thanks!
    Bryan Shaw
    Bryan Shaw, Apr 19, 2005

  2. No and no and no. Anyone that tells you otherwise, send me to their site and
    I'll send you a complete copy of any page in their site, including images,
    ready for printing.

    Why? Because an HTML document is a text document that is downloaded to the
    client machine. The images in it are downloaded to the client machine. And
    while you might be able to pull some cheap tricks to prevent the average AOL
    user from copying or printing a page, the fact remains that all the data in
    the page is already on the client. With a little munging, any cheap trick
    can be removed.

    One easy way to do it: In IE, load the page. Then use File|SaveAs...WebPage
    Complete. IE will save a copy of the HTML document and all the images,
    rewriting the copy so that the image locations now point to the folder
    location where you stored them in your file system. Any JavaScript and/or
    other cheap tricks to prevent copying/printing can now be edited out. And
    there you go.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Bryan Shaw

    Bryan Shaw Guest

    Thank you for providing a complete answer to my question. That was very
    thoughtful of you to go into so much detail. I really appreciate it.

    :)
    Bryan Shaw, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Well, thank YOU Brian! You made my day! :)

    --

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 20, 2005