Lockdown tool preventing view of .asp pages?

Michael Albainy

Hello,

I am trying access a virtual directory I set-up through
IIS and my web pages are built on asp. I also ran the IIS
Lockdown tool on the server, and I have never been able to
view the website. I know this is vague, but I am
wondering if there are certain features turned on within
the IIS lockdown that prevents you from viewing asp?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Albainy

Mark Schupp

Yes.

You need to apply the security template that allows ASP pages to run. Get
the latest version of the lockdown tool first.

Note: I have never actually used the lockdown tool (above is from
documentation) so I am not sure if it can reverse changes to allow things
that were blocked in a previous run or not.

--
Mark Schupp
--

Jeff Cochran

I am trying access a virtual directory I set-up through
IIS and my web pages are built on asp. I also ran the IIS
Lockdown tool on the server, and I have never been able to
view the website. I know this is vague, but I am
wondering if there are certain features turned on within
the IIS lockdown that prevents you from viewing asp?

Okay, if you have never been able to view the site, does that include
*before* running the Lockdown Tool? Did you select the ASP template
to allow ASP when you ran the tool? Have you re-run the tool to reset
the changes, then run it again following the prompts to allow ASP?

Post in the IIS group and you'll gte more help on the IIS Lockdown
Tool.

Jeff