    the IIS lockdown that prevents you from viewing asp?

    Thanks for your help.

    Mike Albainy

    Michael Albainy, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Michael Albainy

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Yes.

    You need to apply the security template that allows ASP pages to run. Get
    the latest version of the lockdown tool first.

    Note: I have never actually used the lockdown tool (above is from
    documentation) so I am not sure if it can reverse changes to allow things
    that were blocked in a previous run or not.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    --

    http://www.ielearning.com
    714.637.9480 x17

    Mark Schupp, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Michael Albainy

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 05:56:01 -0700, "Michael Albainy"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying access a virtual directory I set-up through
    >IIS and my web pages are built on asp. I also ran the IIS
    >Lockdown tool on the server, and I have never been able to
    >view the website. I know this is vague, but I am
    >wondering if there are certain features turned on within
    >the IIS lockdown that prevents you from viewing asp?

    Okay, if you have never been able to view the site, does that include
    *before* running the Lockdown Tool? Did you select the ASP template
    to allow ASP when you ran the tool? Have you re-run the tool to reset
    the changes, then run it again following the prompts to allow ASP?

    Post in the IIS group and you'll gte more help on the IIS Lockdown
    Tool.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Sep 16, 2003