locked file

Kirt

i have a code that backsup file from src to dest.
Now if some of the files are locked , i need to skip those files..
I was trying to use fctl module but it can be used only in unix i
suppose.

is there anyother way? i am using windows os.

Simon Forman

Kirt said:
i have a code that backsup file from src to dest.
Now if some of the files are locked , i need to skip those files..
I was trying to use fctl module but it can be used only in unix i
suppose.

is there anyother way? i am using windows os.

What does locked mean in this case? No read permissions? In use by
another program?

I haven't used windows in a long time, and I wasn't aware that one
could lock files in it.

Peace,
~Simon

Simon Forman

Kirt said:
By locked files i mean Outlook PST file while Outlook has it open

So what happens when you try to back that up while outlook is messing
with it? What are you doing to back it up? Copying?

If all you want to do is skip it... can't you try to copy it and then
when that doesn't work just skip it?