locked file

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kirt, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Kirt

    Kirt Guest

    i have a code that backsup file from src to dest.
    Now if some of the files are locked , i need to skip those files..
    I was trying to use fctl module but it can be used only in unix i
    suppose.

    is there anyother way? i am using windows os.
     
    Kirt, Jul 27, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Kirt

    Simon Forman Guest

    Kirt wrote:
    > i have a code that backsup file from src to dest.
    > Now if some of the files are locked , i need to skip those files..
    > I was trying to use fctl module but it can be used only in unix i
    > suppose.
    >
    > is there anyother way? i am using windows os.


    What does locked mean in this case? No read permissions? In use by
    another program?

    I haven't used windows in a long time, and I wasn't aware that one
    could lock files in it.

    Peace,
    ~Simon
     
    Simon Forman, Jul 27, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Kirt

    Kirt Guest

    By locked files i mean Outlook PST file while Outlook has it open

    Simon Forman wrote:
    > Kirt wrote:
    > > i have a code that backsup file from src to dest.
    > > Now if some of the files are locked , i need to skip those files..
    > > I was trying to use fctl module but it can be used only in unix i
    > > suppose.
    > >
    > > is there anyother way? i am using windows os.

    >
    > What does locked mean in this case? No read permissions? In use by
    > another program?
    >
    > I haven't used windows in a long time, and I wasn't aware that one
    > could lock files in it.
    >
    > Peace,
    > ~Simon
     
    Kirt, Jul 28, 2006
    #3
  4. Kirt

    Simon Forman Guest

    Kirt wrote:
    > By locked files i mean Outlook PST file while Outlook has it open
    >
    > Simon Forman wrote:
    > > Kirt wrote:
    > > > i have a code that backsup file from src to dest.
    > > > Now if some of the files are locked , i need to skip those files..
    > > > I was trying to use fctl module but it can be used only in unix i
    > > > suppose.
    > > >
    > > > is there anyother way? i am using windows os.

    > >
    > > What does locked mean in this case? No read permissions? In use by
    > > another program?
    > >
    > > I haven't used windows in a long time, and I wasn't aware that one
    > > could lock files in it.
    > >
    > > Peace,
    > > ~Simon


    So what happens when you try to back that up while outlook is messing
    with it? What are you doing to back it up? Copying?

    If all you want to do is skip it... can't you try to copy it and then
    when that doesn't work just skip it?
     
    Simon Forman, Jul 28, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mark Kamoski
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,468
  2. MrB
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,224
  3. Keith
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    554
    Keith
    Oct 1, 2003
  4. hkappleorange

    database file locked by aspx

    hkappleorange, Nov 6, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,753
  5. mishi_math
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    15,704
    mishi_math
    Aug 26, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page