log4CPP

Atiz

Hi all, I have just downloaded log4CPP and am intending to use it for
logging and debugging purposes in my c++ project. I'm currently using
MS Visual Studio 2005. What I gathered from sourceforge.net is that I
should use the files present in msvc6 folder.
I have opened it in a new project and have only included log4cpp files
and testmain.cpp and tried compiling.

On compiling, I have errors of which I'm not sure how to solve these
errors:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom
Build Step" log4cpp

error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\Appender.sbr': No such file or
directory BSCMAKE

the rest are all link errors.

What should I do to compile them properly? Later if it compiles nicely
in this project, I want to use it to log statements in my c++ project.
Must I add this project to my existing project? Or is it possible to
compile it as a DLL or some log4cpp.properties that I can use in my
project? I noticed there is a log4cpp.dll folder too.

Thanks in advance for helping!

Atiz
(green horn)

Stuart Redmann

Atiz said:
Hi all, I have just downloaded log4CPP and am intending to use it for
logging and debugging purposes in my c++ project. I'm currently using
MS Visual Studio 2005.

[snipped the rest]
Thanks in advance for helping!

Atiz
(green horn)

Hello green horn,

had you read what this newsgroup is about (it has a FAQ), or even just
looked at the other postings, you'd have said to yourself: Why don't I
post to public.microsoft.vc.language?

Stuart

PS: You should set a follow-up newsgroup, if you cross-post.

Atiz

Hi Stuart,

thanks for informing me about ms grp. I was guessing that people who
might come in here may also have experience in dealing with ms visual
studio when i decided to post here.

Atiz