LoggedIn doesn't seem to be

Iain

I've got an asp.net application which uses Forms based security with the
default provider (sqlexpress in the App_Data directory).

My login page just has the login control plopped on it with the LoggedIn
event handled. This checks the role and redirects to an aspx page depending
on the role.

However, when I check the roles of the currently logged in user it appears
to either be the role of the previously logged in user or possibly a null
user when logging in for the first time (no roles at all).

If I log in twice with the same username, then the second time it gets the
correct roles.

I'm probably missing something obvious