Logger performance

Kenneth P. Turvey

Scott Ellsworth

Kenneth P. Turvey said:
That's too bad. Having all this code for logging really clutters the
code. There must be a better way.

I have never found

if (logger.isLoggable(Level.FINEST)) {
logger.finest("count: "+count);
}

to be all that bad, but then I tend to have some very distinct patterns
in my logging code. For example, I log entry and exit at the top and
bottoms of methods, so I tend not to see those lines.

I suspect aspects are really the only way to get this to be clean, or
log/nolog versions of the code generated from some template or Aspect
system.

Scott