Logging analysis tool

Victor

Dear all,

I am in the desperate search for a tool which can do the followings:

1. Get the input from a text log file
2. Able to filter out the other irrelevant content and only grab the
content based on your pre-defined regular expression
3. Then marshal all the numerical data from the content it grabbed
into an Excel spread sheet
4. Then we can use the Excel spread sheet to generate the charts...

The tool could do much better than the points mentioned above..

Could any of you give me suggestion here?

Thanks heaps!!
Victor

Thomas Weidenfeller

Victor said:
1. Get the input from a text log file
2. Able to filter out the other irrelevant content and only grab the
content based on your pre-defined regular expression
3. Then marshal all the numerical data from the content it grabbed
into an Excel spread sheet
4. Then we can use the Excel spread sheet to generate the charts...

perl or awk or another scripting language. A few lines of scripting code
to generate CSV output. If it doesn't have to be excel-generated
graphics, pipe the output of the script into a tool like gnuplot.

/Thomas