Logging back in when in a frames site

David Hearn

I have a site that I have built. It uses a default.aspx page for the home
page and then to login, it will redirect to login.aspx. After the user has
successfully logged in, it redirects them to a page that uses frames (not my
choice). The frames page uses three frames(pages), one at the top for
navigation, one on the left for navigation, and then a main frame where all
other content is displayed.

My problem is that if the session times out, and the user clicks on the left
frame, which is very narrow, or the top frame, which is not very high, the
login page gets redisplayed in one of those frames which causes a problem
because the cannot see all of it.

Is there a way to force the login page to be displayed in the main frame
when the session times out no matter which frame they have clicked in and
then when they have successfully re-logged in, make sure whatever they were
trying to do happens?

Thanks in advance!

bruce barker

the easiest solution is to not use security on the nav pages. otherwise, in
the login page, render a page that generates a form and client sricpt that
automatically postback to target to _top (replace the frameset with the
login).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)