Logging from web app but not external jar

Discussion in 'Java' started by mdjj, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. mdjj

    mdjj Guest

    I've got a web app that uses commons logging and log4j. Any specific
    class within the web app logs fine to my local log file defined in
    log4j.properties i.e. an Action.

    The web app also uses a common service layer which is defined as an
    external jar.
    This service layer also uses commons logging but when I try to log
    anything from
    a class within the service layer nothing ever gets written to the local
    log files.

    The web app has log4j, commons-logging in web-inf/lib as well as the
    external service jar.
    The log4j.properties is in web-inf/classes.

    I've assumed that providing the log4j implementation through the web
    app is enough or am I missing something?

    I'm using Tomcat 5.5.7.

    mdjj, Jan 11, 2006