Logging in Jasper (Tomcat5)

Sebastian Millies

How do I correctly configure the logger in the version of Jasper
that ships with Tomcat 5.0.24?

When I run JspC, the log file always contains these two lines I
would like to get rid of:

(org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler).

Here's how I start JspC from ANT:
<java classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC" fork="true"
output="jspc.log">
<arg line="-l -d [...] -p [...] -uriroot [...] -webinc
[...] -webapp [...] "/>
<jvmarg
value="-Dlog4j.configuration=${build.home}/jasper-log4j.xml"/>
<classpath>
[...]
</classpath>
</java>

Supplying the config file via the jvmarg seems to have no effect, or maybe
the config
file has a mistake. I'd be grateful for a working example. (BTW, the version
of Jasper
coming with Tomcat 4.1.29 does not require Log4J configuration.).

-- Sebastian

PS: Is this the most appropriate group for Tomcat/JSP questions?